“A cooperative is an autonomous association of persons united Voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprise.” Cooperatives are business organizations democratically owned and managed by the people they serve. They come in many shapes and sizes: from a handful of people to thousands of members.
The application form (bilingual) for new admission must be filled completely and correctly preferably in English in capital letters.
The Society should submit the following documents alongwith its application form:
- The relevant application forms can be obtained from nearest Area Office / State Office of IFFCO
- Resolution of the Managing Committee of the society for IFFCO membership
- Copy of registration certificate of society.
- The Demand Draft for subscribed share capital* and admission fee** in favour of IFFCO payable at New Delhi.
- Certification of credentials and existence of the society from the concerned Assistant / Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Societies.
- Licence for sale of Fertiliser, Pesticide and Seed from the concerned Government District/ State Authority.
- Copy of resolution stating that neither it is a member of competitive society of IFFCO nor it will become member of competitive society in future.
- Society must have their Bank Account in a Bank equipped with electronic transfer facility having MICR No./ IFSC Code.
- The application form should be recommended by the concerned Assistant / Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Societies.
- After receiving the recommendation from Assistant / Deputy Registrar, State Marketing Manager should verify all the above documents and recommend the application for membership of IFFCO.
- State Marketing Manager should also verify the credential and existence of the society before sending the application form for membership.
*Presently applications for membership are accepted for subscribed share capital upto Rs. 10,000/- only **Admission fee for village level societies is Rs 25/- and for others Rs 100/-.।
Benefit to Members
- Supply of fertiliser, seed and pesticides of IFFCO to member cooperatives on priority basis.
- IFFCO member societies are being paid @ 20% dividend on the equity held by them in IFFCO from last 15 consecutive years.
- The member society can send their representative for the Representative General Body of IFFCO as per IFFCO Bye-Laws.
Rights/Benefits to Delegates
- Opportunity to participate in the Annual General Meeting of IFFCO.
- Opportunity to participate in the election of Board of Directors of IFFCO
- Opportunity to participate in Delegate Visit Programme.
- Opportunity to participate in Inter-State Visit and Visit to Agri-Research Institutes and Agri-Universities.
- Opportunity to participate in State/Zonal advisory committee meetings, local agriculture extension programmes arranged by IFFCO.
IFFCO has instituted two Prestigious Awards namely “Sahakarita Ratna” and “Sahakarita Bandhu” Awards. These Awards are conferred on eminent cooperators for their distinguished and outstanding contribution towards the propagation of cooperative ideology and strengthening of cooperative movement. These Awards carry an award money of ` 5,00,000/- each and a citation, presented every year by IFFCO in “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial IFFCO Lecture” organised during the Cooperative Week Celebrated in the country, from 14-20 November every year.
Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Lecture The Cooperative Movement in India is a legacy of India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru who had an immeasurable contribution in promoting and propagating the concept of “Cooperation” in India. He was a firm believer of Cooperative Philosophy. He visualized cooperatives as a powerful means for bringing about the socio-economic transformation in the Country. His vision on the “Cooperation” made him one of the greatest cooperative thinkers of his times. The philosophy propagated by him still holds well in modern times as well. In order to commemorate his cooperative ideals and to honour Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, IFFCO has instituted a lecture series known as “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial IFFCO Lecture” from the year 1982. The lecture is organised annually and for delivering the lecture an eminent person is invited. The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial IFFCO Lecture is generally organised during/around the cooperative week which is celebrated during November 14-20 of every year.
Consequent upon the massive earthquake in Gujarat in January, 2001, IFFCO created a charitable trust Kisan Sewa Fund (KSF) which was later on renamed as “IFFCO KISAN SEWA TRUST (IKST)” to provide relief and rehabilitation to the victims in the event of natural calamities like floods, earthquakes, droughts, cyclones, landslides etc. and to undertake programmes for the welfare and critical medical attention of needy farmers including projects aimed at improving their quality of life. IKST was created out of contributions from IFFCO and Employees of IFFCO. IKST also provide scholarships to the children of poor farmers. The scholarship has been titled as SHRI SURINDER KUMAR JAKHAR SCHOLARSHIP.